Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, June 24, 2013

"Oh Beautiful for Spacious Skies..."

Hello Creative Inspirations Paint fans! Since the 4th of July is coming up and here on the blog Diana has the awesome Inspired By Challenge: Red, White and Blue going on, I thought I would do a little Red White and Blue project of my own. 
Really, in this case it was take an old project and make it better. Last year did this mixed media piece using lyrics from "America, the Beautiful" and a fabric US Flag I made using acrylic paints and a piece of muslim. There was also some stamps, stickers and various patterned papers incorporated in the piece. I loved how it turned out, but never felt as though it was complete. I recently realized what I could do to finish the piece off. 


Using some patterned paper I covered a wooden heart I had and then used Rustic Red and Denium around the edges of the papers and on the side of the heart. I took chipboard stars and used Deliquesce Fine White to cover them and adhered them to the heart. I took four additional chipboard stars, embossed them and added them to the corners of the canvas. The USA on the heart was made using some letter alphas which I embossed with Deliquesce Super Sparkle Red. It has a great sparkle!! 



A close up of the added decorative heart. To give the stars on the entire piece more sparkle, I added Fairy Dust paint to each of the stars. To the four stars on the canvas, I also added a bit of Denium paint to the edges of each to help them blend into the original canvas. It helped pull the heart together with the canvas. 

And the products from CI Paints used below: 


You still have one week to join in the Inspired By Challenge: Red, White and Blue... come play! 

Have a great day!! 




4 comments:

simply monica said...

I love this - it looks really neat like its on old paper or something.

Kimberly S said...

Wonderful job on your red, white, and blue project Em! Love the heart and stars you've added! hugs, Kimberly

Shea said...

This is fabulous, Em. LOVE all the different patterns and textures. There's so much cool stuff to see here - well done!

~ Kendra ~ said...

Wow, love all the patterns/texture!! So pretty!!